Conscious Aging is a live, online, experiential workshop for older people seeking guidance, meaning, and connection. You will meet once-a-week for six weeks with IONS-certified facilitators and other like-minded adults to:
- Discover what gives heart and meaning to your life, and how you can enrich the years ahead
- Develop the skills of self-compassion to cope more effectively with change and other stressors
- Reveal connection and reduce isolation by recognizing our shared community in the aging process
- Examine how to move from fear and denial of our inevitable losses and death toward embracing a new vision of aging
- Cultivate a personal roadmap for your ongoing journey
- And more!
This six-session live, online workshop is designed to be as accessible as possible while also holding a strong container for community. The workshop is an interplay of activities based on four guiding principles:
- Listening to our own inner wisdom and guidance
- Integrating inspirational ideas and best practices
- Sharing in intimate conversation circles
- Harvesting the collective wisdom of the group
To support a receptive space of deep listening and speaking from the heart, we ask that workshop attendees commit to:
- Attend all six live, interactive sessions (attendance at session 1 is required of all participants)
- Utilize your webcam and device audio to facilitate discussion
Participation is a key to this immersive experience, and we all share responsibility in co-creating our group. We encourage all who attend to come with an open heart, an inquiring mind, and a willingness to explore!
The six 90-minute sessions will be held:
Thursdays, October 17 to November 21, 2019
11:00am-12:30pm Pacific Time.
Sign up by 10:00am PDT on Wednesday, October 16 to join!
Participation in Session 1 (October 17) is required for enrollment.
Attend the six workshop sessions anywhere in the world—here’s how:
- We’ll be using Zoom video conferencing for all six sessions
- Use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to access the Zoom session online
- You’ll need internet access with broadband wired or 3G or 4G/LTE wireless
- Make sure to enable the microphone, speaker, and video camera on your device
Would you like extra support in getting set up for the online Conscious Aging sessions?
We are happy to offer a free pre-workshop Zoom session to give you an introduction to the Zoom technology. Information will be provided to enrollees upon workshop registration.
IONS Certified Conscious Aging Facilitator
Oak Park, IL, USA
I used to know everything and trust nothing. Now, I know nothing and I have glimpsed trust. I used to believe in coincidence, but I don’t anymore. For over 30 years I was a criminal defense attorney. Then a mediator. Five years ago, I began facilitating the IONS Conscious Aging Workshops program. I haven’t stopped. It has helped me melt the armor that I built up in my previous careers. It has helped me get closer to being the person I’d like to be. And it has helped me get a clue about who that person is.
IONS Certified Conscious Aging Facilitator
Asheville, NC, USA
I am a retired Hospice RN, educator and holistic consultant. I'm passionate about exploring in community an attitude that embraces olderhood and possibilities. I learned so much during the years I was privileged to support people at the edge of their physical existence. Gifts of awareness that continue to guide and inspire me now, including the grace of self compassion and the potential in each precious moment. I live more spontaneously, worry less, and I became a jazz singer! I find strength and joy in conversation with other older people about this stage of life. l am excited to share the adventure with you.
A limited number of scholarships are available for this online workshop.
As a participant in the Conscious Aging Workshop you will have the unique opportunity to participate in the IONS Discovery Lab, the largest study ever conducted on how transformative practices and experiences influence transformation, well-being, and extended human capacities.
This pioneering study, consisting of online surveys taken prior to and following completion of your workshop, offers you a chance to help answer some of the most important research questions on the frontiers of consciousness.
Participation in this research is voluntary, and not required as part of online workshop enrollment. Individual results will not be released — your participation will help accelerate humanity's potential for transformation. Thank you for your support!